Monday, September 7, 2009

Professional Gaming

This post is unrelated to Japanese culture, but I thought it was exciting enough to publish, especially considering how a lot of people in the class seem to be interested in playing video games. In any case, I'm pretty into competitive gaming. After a couple seasons of Call of Duty, the community began to die so this spring I made the move to the CounterStrike: Source community. One of my teamates from our original CoD roster plays Source for a very good team. He had brought me on to do the video editing work for his team as he really likes the style of my clips. He had told me that eventually once some of the sponsorship details were worked out there would be a possibility of me getting paid. I thought nothing of it at the time since they basically only had server sponsorships. However, today, they've all signed contracts as they've been picked up by AMD. For those of you who don't know, AMD is really the only other major microprocessor producer besides Intel. This is kind of a big deal. Anyway, I'm really happy for him and I'm excited that I'm working for a professional gaming team. For those who are interested or who know anything about competitive gaming, here's the link: United Gamers/Frag Dominant.


And I'm currently listening to the following:




0 comments: