Friday, September 4, 2009

Week 2

はじめまして。ステヴェンソンです。どうぞよろしく。にねんせいです。せんこうわけいざいがくです。

It's my birthday today, which is rather exciting. As one of my friends put it, that's a fifth of a century down. In Japan I'd be celebrating with some Asahi or sake. Unfortunately, as I'm still in the US such celebrations would be of questionable legality.

As far as a Japanese person/object I like, I'd have to go with Danny Choo. His blog has been a big inspiration for me. He worked hard and achieved his dream of traveling to and eventually working in Japan. Furthermore his success creating his own business in his area of interest is equally inspirational. I'd love to meet him if I end up going to Tokyo next year.




As of now I really know nothing about Japanese music. One of my Korean friends always has us listening to whats popular over there, but he hasn't shown me anything Japanese yet. So for now, I'm listening to the following:









Finally, one of my favorite songs right now.

7 comments:

Unknown said...

Bass Nectar is great, pretty much any part of any one of their songs makes a great cotw.

Jonathan Bosk said...

Good stuff, I'm a huge fan of music and I can definitely appreciate what you posted here even if it isn't Japanese. That Dubuasca piece is great though. I can't tell how how much I needed to hear some chill vocal trance after the weekend I've had, thank you. Your blog is a nice read, keep up the good work.

bstevenson said...

Yea I love Bassnectar and other similar groups. It's so nice to listen to relaxing music after a big weekend.

Adrian C said...

happy belated birthday, and great music selection!!

クレーブン said...

Happy birthday! I really liked the music you posted. Did you see Slightly Stoopid at legends last semester? I'm kind of a fan of ska myself, some of my favorites are 311, the Toasters, Aquabats and Sublime.
Also, I really enjoyed the Pretty Lights song, I downloaded the album right away. I've been looking for some new ambient electronica. Thanks!

Kaylen Ha said...

たんじょびおめでとう!!and I love the music :D

Unknown said...

Yea I was really excited for the Slightly concert last spring. I was at the Summer Unity tour too and got to see 311 and Ziggy Marley.